Toronto Ontario Recycling at Bottle Depots
Recycling is not just good for the environment, but you could even make some extra money. Re-use and Recycle - scrap for cash! The government requires that many consumer containers be recyclable, and still others re-useable. To prevent wasting re-useable containers, manufacturers and retailers may charge a deposit on the containers when you buy the products inside. These deposits are returned when customers return the containers.
Recyclable containers in Ontario with a deposit include:
- Aluminium beer cans (Canadian brands only). Return to the Beer Store for $.10/can refund.
- Beer Bottles (Canadian brands only). Return to the Beer Store for $.10/can refund
- Refillable soft drink ontainers. Return to retailer for $.40/bottle refund.
Scrap metal dealers will accept certain types of recyclable metals in sufficient quantities. Some schools even save their empty aluminum beverage cans, and sell them to scrap dealers as a fundraising initiative. The following businesses in the Barrie area buy scrap metal:
Blue Box Recycling
Residents are required to place garbage, recyclables and yard waste at curbside on their collection day by 7 a.m. to ensure collection. Collection trucks will not be sent back into areas where these materials have been placed out late. Please call 905-791-9499 for more information about Toronto's Waste Management programs.
- Aluminum - cans, wrap, pie plates, lawn chair frames, toboggans
- Corrugated cardboard - (cut or folded into a manageable size)
- box board - cereal boxes, etc. (flattened). No waxed milk cartons, please!
- Glass - all kinds (rinsed, not broken)
- Plastic containers
Over 500 million containers are returned each year, which is about 80 - 90 per cent
of all those containers manufactured and sold. Of course, many of the balance are
accounted for by the "blue box" program and are recycled, so our land fills are not
burdened with unnecessary waste materials.
Computation Computer Recycling - 416-910-4358 2444 Bloor Street West, York, ON M6S 1R2