Oakville-Burlington Eating Out Green
There are a few ways that you can make your dining out experience more green, especially when dining at fast food restaurant chains.
- Carry bottled water with you. Refill the bottles as needed.
- Reduce fast food waste whenever possible.
- Pack along plastic bags. These are handy for wrapping half-eaten treats, used hotel bar soaps, keeping salt and pepper packets dry in the cooler, and many other uses.
- Avoid styrofoam. Carry your own cup.
- Use condiments sparingly When offered individual packages of condiments, take only what you'll use.
- USe take-out instead of delivery Especially if you plan your meal-times to reduce total miles driven. Delivery vehicles typically idle their caras while making their deliveries.
- Leftovers If you typically take home leftovers ("doggy bags") from your restaurant meals, carry a container, a square of aluminum foil or waxpaper with you. That will spare the restaurants from using single-use styrofoam.