St John's Travel: Embassies & Consulates

Red Square in Moscow

Foreign countries have representation in Canada for several reasons:

The embassies for each country are usually in Ottawa (with some exceptions), our capital city. Embassies are run by an "Ambassador". Consulates are offices in other cities, depending on the needs of their travellers, business sector and expatriates. Consulates are managed by a "Consulate General". Offices solely to promote business and trade (without personal consular services) are called a "Trade Commission" and are usually managed by a "Trade Commissioner".

Here is a list of Canadian Embassies & Trade Offices abroad. Here is a list of US Government services to Canadians.

We also have contact information about embassies and high commissions in Ottawa, the nation's capital.

If you do run into problems abroad, contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate immediately. If you're unable to make contact and require immediate assistance, place a collect call (where service is available) to the Emergency Operations Centre of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, at 613-996-8885. You can also contact us by e-mail at [email protected] More Info...

StJohns Travel Agent/Tour Search:  

Travel Agent/Tour Search Form...